Who are ‘we’?
We (and “us” or “GFS”) means GFS Risk Limited, Global Film Solutions Limited and their related companies including Global Pacific Pte Limited (t/a GFS Pacific) and PT. Grimmond Fitzgerald Solutions (t/a GFS Indonesia), and associated trading names or brands, including but not limited to OverWatch, GFS Pacific, GFS Academy and GFS Spotlight.
What do we mean by ‘personal information’?
By ‘personal information’, we mean personally identifiable information about you as an individual, such as your name, email, address, telephone number, financial information, bank accounts, date of birth, employment history, education and qualifications, dynamic location information, etc.
Why does GFS collect personal information?
We collect personal information for the business purpose of supplying and marketing our services and products. In some cases, we might use your personal information to develop and/or distribute content in written, audio, visual, or any digital form whatsoever, however, we would only do so with your written consent.
Under certain circumstances, if personal information we request is not provided, it might adversely impact our ability to supply the relevant product or service or to perform our obligations.
How and when does GFS collect personal information?
We may collect personal information:
- from you directly when you provide your information to us;
from third parties in some instances, for example:
- we may use third parties to analyze traffic at our websites and social media channels;
- we may use third parties to communicate with and gather information from you;
- we may collect personal information about you from a third party, such as a report provided by a medical professional, background check or an employment reference from another person;
- where a third party provides services to us or where we are providing services to a third party; and/or
- from publicly available information.
Who can we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with certain third parties as described below when necessary to achieve our business purposes as outlined in this policy. We would only share your information with the following third parties:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as software-as-a-service providers that we utilize, hosting and data storage providers, or consultants and contractors that we use to provide our Services);
- third party service providers for marketing purposes;
- other companies or individuals who perform checks that are necessary or appropriate, such as background check providers;
- our external lawyers, accountants, insurers, and professional advisers;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities if required to do so by law; and
- anyone you may authorize us to disclose your information to.
Where you engage directly with third parties, we take no responsibility for the content, operation or privacy practices of those third parties.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request that we update, correct or delete any personal information we hold about you. You can make such requests by contacting our Privacy Officer (whose contact details are provided below).
We will take steps, consistent with our obligations under New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020 or other applicable laws, to review and respond to your request within a reasonable time frame. We may require you to verify your identity in order to action a request, and we may charge a fee for fulfilling your request if we have to incur unreasonable costs.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function in any of our electronic marketing communications or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
How do we protect your personal information?
We will protect your personal information held by us from misuse, loss, or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, by using secure IT systems and restricting access to electronic and hard-copy records.
How can you make a privacy complaint?
If you have any questions about privacy related issues or wish to complain about the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer. We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it is made.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
How do you contact GFS about your personal information?
You can reach GFS’s Privacy Officer via email at email@example.com with the subject “Attn: Privacy Officer”.
The mailing address of GFS is:
GFS Risk Limited
Attn: Privacy Officer
314 Speargrass Flat Road,
Updates to this Policy